Hyper has an opportunity to define the future of technology interaction. Our team is filled with location, mapping and AR experts, and is led by Andrew Hart, who built the largest open-source project for Apple’s ARKit and Location services, and whose code is used by both Apple and Google Maps.
We're building the “digital layer for the physical world” - technology which powers real-world interactions on future wearable devices. We have partnerships with top retailers to deploy our unique technology first in their stores.
Hyper's Data Scientist will be responsible for working with the location tech team, analysing and processing location based data.
What we’re looking for:
- Proficiency in Python developing statistical and machine learning models
- Ability to build required tools and frameworks for fast data analysis
- Energy and enthusiasm to inspire followership and to work effectively in a low ego environment
- Clear passion for making products more customer-centric by using data science ethically
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Skilled at influencing and communicating to various stakeholders up to executive level
- Specialism in one or more of the following: reinforcement learning, deep learning, location data processing, agent-based modelling
What do we do?
With future wearable devices - currently being built by Apple, Meta and others - the real world will become filled with rich digital overlays of information. Much like in every sci-fi movie we’ve seen, this new technology will become as useful and dependable as the internet is today.
We’re building the technology layer which integrates with every location, allowing businesses to serve up these digital experiences for every visitor. Whether it’s in retail, or airports, or offices, or museums - our technology will power the next-generation of interaction.
We’re starting today on mobile, and in retail stores, where we can help people to find items in-store - with a map that knows where everything is, and by locating the user with the highest level of precision. Check this video to see how it works:
The challenges here are hard and rewarding. Every day, our team is collaborating across different skill sets to explore new problems and build innovative solutions. If you’re passionate, driven and looking for the opportunity to have a huge impact solving hard problems, we want to speak to you.
Working with us
Other than the opportunity to join one of London’s most exciting and friendly start ups we’re offering:
- Competitive salary
- Generous share options
- 25 days holiday per year
- Pension scheme
- We're a remote-first company - we work remotely four days a week and we spend one day per week together working on-site where we can test our tech, or at a co-working space in London